Thursday, June 30, 2011

Restoran Ho Boh @ USJ, Subang Jaya.


'Lu Hoh Boh?'...... How are you?..... ahaha..... Hope I got it right. It's in Hokkien and I know nuts about that dialect. But this is dialect is widely spoken in Malaysia nowadays especially in places like Klang, Penang, Johor and almost every state in Malaysia.

But this time when I mentioned about 'Ho Boh' , I am referring to a restaurant in USJ Subang Jaya... simply called 'Restoran Ho Boh'. Of course Hoh lor ..... ahahahaha........... OK, that's all the Hokkien for today as I being a Cantonese find it pretty impossible to communicate in a different dialect.


The whole interior is designed based on the olden days kopitiam where wood dominates the whole place. Wooden walls made of wooden planks with the traditional finishing with modern looking wooden tables and chairs surrounding the entire outlet. There were also some marble top round tables scattered around the premise. Pretty ..... quite pretty.


But what I was interested is their food since they brag their food contains NO added MSG. Frankly, I have never come across any restaurant in this country that is MSG free. So this is going to be a big challenge for me and also for the restaurant.

Ho Boh Rui Cha @ RM6.00
Frankly, I am not a big fan of 'rui cha'. My mates ordered one which was supposed to be famous here. I had to give it a go and I find the taste to be really interesting. Something I didn't expect it to be good. Nevertheless, it will take a miracle for me to finish the entire bowl. I would prefer nasi lemak. LOL. My mates did enjoy it as they found it to be really delicious.

Pan Mee @ RM5.50
This is more like it. I wonder why is it nowadays that so many eateries are selling 'pan mee'. It is not really a special delicacy and it was supposed to be one of Malaysia hawker food. And yet there are restaurants that specializes only in serving 'pan mee'.

I kind of enjoyed this bowl of noodle. A little salty but it was really mouth watering. The chilli that came with it was a good dipping sauce for those who love a little spice in their noodle. Not too bad-lah.

Fried Rice @ RM5.50
And finally something which is a favourite with most Malaysians. A simple plate of homemade fried rice. It was done really well as I loved fried rice to be really dry. It does taste good but not the best in town. With some chilli padi mixed with soya sauce, this additional dip will be pleasing and enticing and really made for each other with this lovely plate of fried rice.

Conclusion : A cool place for a simple yet delicious meal. The best part was it is really pocket friendly. And I choose to reserve my opinion on the No added MSG thingy. A 2/5.

Cheers!

Restoran Ho Boh
No 25, Ground Floor
Jalan USJ 9/5N
47620 Subang Jaya
Selangor.
Tel : 03 8023 2627 / 012 369 0331

No comments:

Post a Comment

free hit counter
free hit counter